Thursday, May 15, 2014

A Letter to a Friend


2004

You call out through tears.  
You call out to me through tears and I tremble...because I want to help so fiercely, because I know the answer, because I am so new, and I tremble at what the consequences of my words might be.

"Who am I to provide comfort?"

"I can show you the light if you'll let me lead you."

"Wasn't it only 6 months ago that I had given up and told you not to bother?"

"I know the Truth now- let me help you!"

"I'll only make things worse..."

I tremble because the voice that screams and taunts me is a lie, but from where you are falling it is a reality.  It is a reality of such precision and wicked conciseness, that for every hope I can spark inside of you, a series of cackling dead ends are sure to echo in response.  I tremble because I remember.  It was only 6 months ago that I answered faithfully to the taunting lies myself.  

The world screams- "Open your mind!"
The world screams- "How can you really know?"
The world screams- "Sex, career, self-sufficiency, science- ME, ME, ME!!"

But what has the world ever done for YOU, YOU, YOU?!?  It's turned its back on your salvation and tossed you the "American nightmare" over its shoulder. It doesn't know your name and doesn't care.  The tears you cry- does the world patiently sit still and wipe your eyes?  No- it screams, 

"You must not be following the formula then- get out there and do something!"  

The world's idea of love is based solely on personal fulfillment- and the kids, don't forget the kids.  In Christ's Eyes, we are all His children- and He doesn't need to be told to remember.  The world's idea of intelligence is impressive- the only catch is (and there is always a catch in this world)- is this- you must surrender eternity and live a lie in order to be revered by the majority.  This is the world's idea, but the world does not have the last word.  The world has not even one word that can defend itself against God.  

The child does not rule the mother, the salt does not tell the food it needs to be seasoned, and the creatures in the ocean do not tell the waters when to wave.  The world cannot make its lies the truth, and it cannot make you nothing because of it!  The Lord has called your name and because of it the world hates you...and to that, I say- AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment